Are you currently working in the Financial Services sector? Are you organised and diligent? Are you capable of handling high volume file checking whilst maintaining accuracy? Would you like to work for our industry award winning company and forge a career in our growing Compliance team?We are looking for a Mortgage Quality Assurance File Checker to conduct detailed file checks to ensure we maintain our standards and comply with our obligations in relation to regulatory bodies.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded the ‘Investors in People’ Gold accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of ‘honesty’, ‘simplicity’ and ‘responsibility’, we would love to hear from you.
To support the compliance team in ensuring that the business complies with it’s obligations in relation to regulatory bodies and applicable legislation. To conduct detailed mortgage file checks to ensure that the Pure standard is maintained.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- Conduct monthly mortgage file reviews. These need to include clear outcomes with remedial actions where appropriate
- Reviewing files with defined targets and objectives (volume and quality of reviews)
- Monitoring and logging remedial work to ensure compliance
- Identify any areas of risk and provide feedback to individuals. This will include reports to Team Managers and Senior Management
- Ensure that all compliance records are appropriately maintained and accurate
- Provide information for upward reporting
- Undertake additional audit activities as required
- An approachable and organised individual with the ability to embrace and develop regulatory processes and procedures
- An excellent communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
- Capable of handling high volumes of file checking whilst retaining a high level of accuracy.
Skills & Experience
- 1 or more years of experience in the Financial Services Sector
- An excellent communicator
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT Literate
- An understanding of the FCA and financial regulation
- Experience in the mortgage lending field and in particular the Lifetime Mortgage subsector
- Experience in a QA or file checking role
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Financial Service Qualifications