Are you an experienced generalist HR Officer with a professional services background? Are you a self-starter and use a high degree of initiative and work autonomously? Do you have a passion for talent acquisition to support a growing IIP accredited SME?
Recent winners of the Fastest 50 growing companies in Yorkshire, as we continue on with our growth plans, we require an experienced HR Officer to work alongside the HR Manager to support with the delivery of our people plans encompassing all aspects of HR.
Work for our award winning company and build on your existing career.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard ‘Investors in People‘ accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of ‘honesty‘, ‘simplicity‘ and ‘responsibility‘, we would love to hear from you.
To support the HR Manager with the delivery of our people plans by providing pro-active and professional HR generalist and administration support to key stakeholders within the company on all aspects of HR. This will cover the full employee lifecycle, encompassing support for our people strategy, engagement and talent strategy, along with offering a breadth of HR experience aligned to our company values. To recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. Responsible for administrative tasks and contributing making the company a better place to work. Providing excellent assistance and support to employees and Managers.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- Work with business stakeholders to champion a high-performance culture and to create an environment where behaviours are aligned to our company values
- Manage the end to end hiring process. Sourcing effective attraction methods, preparing job descriptions, post vacancy adverts, screen candidates, set up interviews, on-board successful candidates and feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- Ensure compliance of all new starters, including right to work, contracts and employment checks
- Maintaining the HR database with personnel information for new joiners, existing employees and leavers.
- Conduct HR inductions and implement effective on-boarding plans
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide coaching and support on policies and procedures
- Assist in performance and absence management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Organise and implement Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental Leave and Adoptions requests and procedures
- Assist with the annual salary benchmarking and bi-annual appraisal process
- Produce reports, statistics and manipulate MI data
- Administer the annual engagement survey and interpret results
- Support the Investors In People accreditation
- Remain up to date on employment legislation
- Organise and carry out exit interviews and provide feedback to management
- Collate the monthly payroll files to the outsources payroll provider
- Involvement in ad hoc HR projects
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required by the company
You will be an experienced HR generalist, preferably with a strong background in professional services recruitment. You will be able to demonstrate that you are positive, pro-active, adaptable, helpful and approachable. As you will often be working with minimal supervision, you must be a self-starting individual with a strong emphasis on developing business relationship in order to influence and better support others. Able to convey detail and ideas logically. An effective communicator with the ability to deal with HR matters confidently and objectively.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years proven HR experience as a HR Officer preferably in a regulated industry, ideally financial services or professional services
- Experienced in working with HR databases or similar systems (e.g. payroll, CRM systems)
- Proven experience in recruitment including on-line advertising and interviewing
- Proven experience in handling ER matters
- Experienced in dealing with the full employee lifecycle
- Proven experience of driving process and system improvement
- Experience of servicing the needs of the business often working to tight deadlines and stringent requirements with respect to information and data maintenance
- Pro-active, flexible and passionate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Logical, methodical, problem-solving approach
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times
- IT literate, proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Financial Services background
- CIPD qualified/ Associate Membership Level 3
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferably in a business related subject or clear evidence of experience and training that provides comparable knowledge
At Pure, transparency on how we use and process your data is important to us. Please ensure you’ve read our Fair Processing Notice and Data Retention Policy prior to submitting your application.
Data Retention Policy
Fair Processing Notice