Are you proficient in .Net technologies C# and SQL Server? Are you competent in a range of technologies, languages, data formats and utilities? Do you have a passion for management have proven experience in leading and inspiring a team of Developers?Join our award winning company and build on your existing career
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
As a Development Team Leader at Pure Retirement you will use your experience of leading a team of software developers to oversee the development and support of bespoke solutions for the Financial Services sector. You’ll foster collaboration and morale within a team of enthusiastic, talented, hard-working developers and be able to effectively communicate with the wider business and 3rd party suppliers. You’ll be confident taking projects through the development lifecycle following current best practices, architectures and methodologies. You’ll be organised and accustomed to working in an Agile development environment. Hands on experience with git and Team Services would be beneficial.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- Management of software development projects using an agile methodology
- Delivery and support of bespoke software to the business Conducting regular 1-2-1’s and End of Year Appraisals
- Championing technical innovation within the software development team
- Producing weekly and monthly reports to Senior Management
- Provide optimum levels of leadership, if required, encouragement, training and support in order to help others achieve their results
- Develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order
- to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Leading, supporting, mentoring and directing the team to ensure high levels and improved performance
- Motivating the team to promote and maintain a productive and harmonious team environment
- Managing resourcing and attendance levels to ensure optimum staffing levels at all times
- Driving of performance and KPI’s through monthly 1 to 1 meetings and formal performance management counselling as necessary
- Conducting formal appraisal meetings to identify, support and implement individual development plans
- Ensuring feedback from monitoring is acted upon through coaching to achieve optimum performance and improve compliance adherence
- Identification of individual and team training needs and implement appropriate training solutions and review as necessary to ensure training has been effective
- Participating in the delivery of training courses as required
- Participation in the planning and implementation of team incentives to drive performance and maintain team morale
- Support and develop recruitment campaigns, including leading interviews and selection campaigns
- Manage staff relationships, promptly respond to queries and manage expectations
- Ensure all HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements to include disciplinary, grievance, capability and absence matters
- Work closely with the Human Resources Team to promote consistent business processes and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice
You must have a proficient knowledge of fundamental .Net technologies such as C# and SQL Server as well as a general competence in a range of technologies, languages, data formats and utilities.
Approachable, friendly and organised individual with a proven ability to embrace and develop a successful, performance focussed environment. Excellent motivator with the ability to drive, lead, inspire and develop a successful team. Self-starter with good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with colleagues to offer solutions and support as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in commercial software development
- Proficient knowledge of fundamental .Net technologies such as C# and SQL Server.
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Experience of motivating and inspiring team members
- Experience with cloud services (Azure/AWS)
- Experience of managing a team and driving team’s performance
- An understanding of the balance between individual goals and those of a team and organisation
- Ability to analyse performance of a team or individual and implement appropriate changes to ensure improvement
- Team orientated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong performance management skills
- Experience of managing/ coaching people In a regulated Financial Services environment
- Strong customer service background
At Pure, transparency on how we use and process your data is important to us. Please ensure you’ve read our Fair Processing Notice and Data Retention Policy prior to submitting your application.
Data Retention Policy
Fair Processing Notice