Are you currently working in mortgages and would like to develop your career as a Property Underwriter? Are you an effective communicator and able to deal with colleagues, brokers, surveyors and solicitors in a professional manner? Are you process-focused, analytical and logically thinking? This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, supportive team to work with growing case volumes. Full training will be provided to support in your development and progression.Work for our industry award winning company and build on your existing career.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for two years running, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded the ‘Investors in People’ accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of ‘honesty’, ‘simplicity’ and ‘responsibility’, we would love to hear from you.
To underwrite Equity Release Lifetime Mortgage applications by following set lending criteria whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy. Answer broker, surveyor and solicitor queries to company standards through our case ownership model.
Knowledge will be developed in the basic principles of underwriting a lifetime mortgage application. Cases are to be assessed and those outside of underwriting authority to be referred to established Underwriters in the team as appropriate.
This is a progressive role and once competent, have the opportunity to develop further as an Underwriter in line with our career path.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- To underwrite applications within agreed SLA’s
- Prepare offers with the relevant special conditions added
- 499k mandate level once competent
- Accountability for own underwriting decisions once competent
- Liaise with valuers, solicitors and intermediaries as appropriate
- Full case ownership
- To ensure that all client files are always complete and up to date
- Uphold the core values of Pure Retirement
- Adhere to all anti-money laundering, data protection and other regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all business written complies with the Company’s and funder’s lending criteria
- Ensure all applications comply with Equity Release Council Guidelines
- Report any concerns over underwriting issues to Team Manager
- Provide MI as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of Company’s TCF policy and T&C regime
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required
A presentable and highly organised individual with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work. An effective communicator, able to deal with colleagues, brokers, surveyors and solicitors in a professional manner which is confident, open and honest. Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines. Previous financial services experience and exposure to underwriting is essential. An approachable, organised individual who shows excellent attention to detail and a proven ability to work using own initiative and take responsibility for their work in the absence of a Team Manager.
Skills & Knowledge
- Financial Services experience and an awareness of Mortgage Underwriting procedures
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Previous experience in equity release
At Pure, transparency on how we use and process your data is important to us. Please ensure you’ve read our Fair Processing Notice and Data Retention Policy prior to submitting your application.
Data Retention Policy
Fair Processing Notice